Are you brand new to spinning or is it your first class at Bateman's Spin Shack?
Here are the types of spin classes we offer and the words we use to describe our workouts when we lead classes:
High Intensity Spin: High speed workout with shorter, harder efforts help you ride faster
Intervals: An intense type of workout excellent for building strength, where you go hard for a set distance, pedal easily to recover, and repeat your efforts a number of times.
Rate of Percieved Exertion: A scale of 1 to 10 - 1 being extremely easy, 10 being an effort you can hold no longer than 30 seconds.
Zone 1: Very easy pace - used to recover between intervals so you can go hard again
Zone 2: Endurance pace - still rather easy, but just enough to raise your heart rate and break a sweat
Zone 3: A "Tempo" pace you can sustain for over an hour but requires a good effort
Zone 4: "Steady State" or "Threshold" - A pace that is difficult to hold for 30-60 minutes, but possible
Zone 5: Climbing pace, power intervals - A pace you can hold for 1-10 minutes
Zone 5+: All out sprints - Pushing hard on the pedals while keeping a fast spin - a pace you can hold for no longer than 30 seconds
Spin-ups: Short, high cadence intervals. The goal is raise your highest, optimal cadence by learning to pedal smoothly.
Still have questions? Come to our Sunday class "The Basics" and we can answer your questions!
We are here to help you get the most out of the Spin Shack - firstname.lastname@example.org
1. When making a reservation at SPIN SHACK, you must create a profile on-line in order to buy individual rides, class packs or monthly and seasonal passes. SPIN SHACK values your privacy and will never share telephone numbers, email addresses, or personal data with third parties.
2. To create your profile on line, please follow the steps below:
3. Single classes, class packs and monthly and seasonal passes purchased between September 1st, 2016 and March 31st, 2017 expire on April 1st, 2017 and are not eligible to be shared or transferred. We accept payments via Paypal with Visa, MasterCard or debit. Cash payments may only be made in person at SPIN SHACK or BATEMAN'S BICYCLE COMPANY.
4. Classes can be reserved online up to 10 days in advance and continue on a rolling day cycle.
6. Class instructors are subject to change.
7. Cancellation Policy - Your reservation must be canceled 6 hours prior to the scheduled class time. If you do not cancel within this time period, a ride will be deducted from your package.
8. All class packages are non-refundable.
SPIN SHACK reserves the right to refuse service and terminate memberships at its sole discretion.